Top saving tips
Your summer holiday might seem like a distant memory and you are still dreaming about those lazy days on the beach, but as you hit the ground running in 2016, reality sets in.
We know that your wallet might be thin this month, so we thought it well to share our top savings tips:
- Avoid spending money on snacks and sweet treats. It adds up (around the waist too)!
- Bring lunch to work instead of buying from the convenience store/canteen.
- Buy in bulk and make use of your store/rewards cards. Now is the time to cash in on all the loyalty points you’ve accumulated last year.
- Always set up a grocery list before you go shopping and stick to it.
- Avoid buying anything on credit. The more debt you incur now, the longer you will take to pay it back in 2016.
- Learn which shops are running weekly special deals and shop there. Also sign up for their loyalty and rewards programmes.
- Think carefully about what you want vs what you need. Do you need to buy gourmet coffee or will the office coffee machine/powder simply have to do?
- Arrange a lift club with your neighbours or those travelling to the same area you work in.
"Christmas begins about the first of December with an office party and ends when you finally realise what you spent, around April fifteenth of the next year" — P.J. O’Rourke